• This EFIE Is not intended to be used as a gas saver by itself . It should only be used with the introduction of HHO gas or other octane boosters to keep exhaust emissions within the EPA standards.
• This ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTOR ENHANCER device is experimental and by use of this device and suggested instructions,you assume all liabilities and release seller of any all liabilities associated with the use of these instructions and EFIE experiment device.
• Do not lean the engine too much because you can damage your engine or make the engine stall and cut off.It is better to have a rich air to fuel mixture than it is to have too lean.
• Make sure you Turn Off HHO device when engine is not running.A build up/storage of HHO gas should never be allowed as it is very dangerous and extremely explosive.
• If you are not experienced in electronics and mechanical devices,Please ask for help from someone who has experience.
• Make good wire splice connections that are well insulated and keep wires away from sharp surfaces and use plenty of tie wraps.
LOCATE SENSORS & WIRING:
You will need to locate yours car's O2 sensor(s).
You may only have one pre-cat O2 sensor .
Single exhaust cars usually have only one O2 sensor and dual exhausts usually have two pre-cat O2 sensors.
You do not connect to O2 sensor that are downstream of the catalytic converter.
O2 SENSOR(S) CONNECTIONS:
COLOR MATCHING by 1,2,3,4 wire O2 sensors:
|WIRES of O2 SENSOR||STOCK||ACTION||STOCK||ACTION||STOCK||ACTION||STOCK||ACTION|
|signal||blue||contact here||white||contact here||green||contact here||black||contact here|
LINK TO NARROW BAND O2 WIRING DIAGRAMS:
On a Narrow band sensor there will be 1 to 4 wires, two are for the heater, one for the ground and the forth for the ECU sensor wire.The ECU wire is the one you need to locate and verify that it has fluctuating between approximately 0.2 v to 0.8 volt(200mv~800mv)
IF YOU CAN NOT VERIFY THIS; DO NOT CONTINUE AS YOU MAY HAVE A WIDE BAND O2 SENSOR AND THIS EFIE WILL NOT WORK ON WIDE BAND O2 SENSORS.
WE NEED TO FIND THE O2 SENSOR WIRE THAT GOES TO THE ECU. TO FIND IT, YOU CAN USE A SEWING NEEDLE OR PIN AND PUSH THROUGH THE WIRE(S) INSULATION. CONNECT THE PIN TO THE POSITIVE LEAD OF A VOLT METER LEAD AND CONNECT THE NEGATIVE LEAD OF THE VOLT METER TO ENGINE GROUND.
WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING, YOU WILL NEED A DIGITAL VOLT METER OR A VERY HIGH IMPEDANCE ANALOG METER TO LOCATE THE WIRE THAT FLUCTUATES BETWEEN ~0.2 AND 0.8 VOLTS.
THIS IS THE WIRE YOU WILL CUT. TAG THE BLUE WIRE HERE CONNECT IT TOGETHER WITH CONNECTOR SENSOR SIDE & TO ECU WIRE SIDE
THE BROWN WIRE ARE THE 12V + & THE GREEN WIRE ARE THE 12V-
OPERATIONAL CHECK OUT: WHEN THE EFIE POWER IS OFF, THE ENGINE RETURNS TO FACTORY SETTINGS. YOU WILL NEED TO MONITOR O2 VOLTAGE TO SET THE O2 EFIES. TURN ADJUSTABLE POT TO THE FULL RICH/ORIGINAL SETTING POSITIONS.
START ENGINE AND LET ENGINE RUN 5 MINUTES TO WARM UP THE O2 SENSOR(S). CONNECT THE POSITIVE LEAD OF A VOLT METER TO THE BLUE WIRE CONNECTOR AND THE NEGATIVE LEAD OF THE VOLT METER TO ENGINE GROUND TO MONITOR FLUCTUATING VOLTS. WITH ENGINE RUNNING AND EFIE POWERED, YOU ADD O2 VOLTS BY TURNING THE ADJUSTABLE POT OF THE EFIE ;
YOU SHOULD SEE THE LOW VOLTS GO HIGHER. KEEP TURNING THE ADJUSTABLE POT UNTIL THE LOW VOLTS DO NOT FALL BELOW 0.15 VOLTS. IF YOU GO ABOVE 0.3 VOLTS ON THE LOW SIDE, THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT MAY COME ON. FOR SOME CARS YOU CAN EVEN GO HIGHER ON VOLTS BUT DON’T GO TO HIGH AS YOU MAY DAMAGE ENGINE BY RUNNING TOO LEAN. WAIT ONE MINUTE OR SO TO SEE IF ANY ENGINE HESITATION CAN BE DETECTED. IF THE ENGINE HESITATES, THE AIR TO FUEL MIXTURE IS TOO LEAN SO YOU SHOULD TURN THE ADJUSTABLE POT TO RICHEN THE MIXTURE AND LOWER THE VOLTS
. EVERY ECU IS DIFFERENT AND YOU WILL NEED TO LEARN WHAT GIVES THE BEST PERFORMANCE. WHEN THE POWER IS OFF, THE ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM WILL GO BACK OEM. YOU CAN ALSO TURN THE EFIE OFF BY TURNING POTENTIOMETERS TO RICHEN AND RETURN ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM BACK OEM.
IF YOU GET THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT: WITH IGNITION SWITCH OFF, DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL AT LEAST 10 SECS. RECONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL AND ADJUST THE EFIES AGAIN BUT BE MORE CONSERVATIVE. IT IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE BUT YOU WILL GET THE HANG OF IT.
1. If the engine is fitted with two precat oxygen sensors in each bank before the catalytic converter, you will need two EFIE units.
2. If the sensors are positioned in line you have to wire up the chip to the prior sensor only.
3.Some car may vary in wire color of the Narrowband sensor check & re-check the signal wire have voltage readings constantly fluctuating between 0~1 volt.